I know that it's still November, but little sparkles of Christmas magic already appeared on the streets, in stores, on houses and therefore also in my heart. This weekend the Christmas markets with mold wine opened on the streets! Besides that this week it snowed for the first time this season and it all just got me in the Advent spirit a little bit earlier than usual.
I do know how to appreciate each aesthetically pleasing decoration, therefore although I do not have a Christmas tree, I do decorate my apartment in and out with all the festive items I have. For me the time of Advent is one in a year experience, during which everything looks festive and sparkly and it makes the transformation into cold weather a bit easier.
Since I always try to make the best out of this short time, there are some activities, which I'm planning on doing. (I do make most of them each year.)
1. Drinking a mulled wine with my friends In the city center on a Christmas market or self made mulled wine drank on my terrace, or maybe both!
2. Going on a walk through the city to see all of the decorations That's when the city looks the most magical throughout the year.
3. Going ice skating That's on my every winter do to list, since that's my favorite winter activity, but I still didn't find an ice skating mate, and going alone isn’t as much fun. Hoping to find one this year finally!
4. Wrapping all the gifts As a crazy planning/organizing freak I already bought most of the Christmas gifts and I look very much forward to wrapping them!
5. Daily challenge One illustration a day starting 1st of December until 24th of December. All of the illustrations will have advent/winter theme. I will use a recycled carton as a paper and acrylic markers. I will be posting all of them on my instagram account Justyna_Sketchbook (if you wanna see how this goes).
6. Bake Ok, so usually I am the one most excited about baking the Christmas cookies compared to anywhere else around me, so I was wondering if it even makes any sense to continue my little tradition. But I feel, that if I would completely skip it, I wouldn't feel fulfilled. Therefore maybe I will bake less, but I will definitely bake!
Are you as excited about this time of a year as I am?